My Favorite Bible Proverbs!
Good advice from God — who doesn’t want that?! We know Solomon did, because he wrote a whole book packed full of wise sayings called “The Proverbs.” And I’m guessing you and your family would like some too!
So I’ve taken the time to list 26 of my favorite Bible proverbs by King Solomon — each with a missing word. Just look up the attached Bible references to complete the sayings.
Complete These 26 Bible Proverbs
Hint: The 26 missing words appear in alphabetical order. That means the first one starts with A and the last one starts with Z. Well, for X and Z, I may have fudged a little bit — but I think you’ll be able to figure them out anyway. (If you don’t have a King James Bible, I made sure other translations like NIV, NKJV, ESV, and NASB will work also.)
1) A soft __________ turneth away wrath. (15:1)
2) He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is __________ down, and without walls. (25:28)
3) He that __________ his sins shall not prosper. (28:13)
4) There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of __________. (14:12)
5) The __________ of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. (15:3)
6) There is a __________ that sticketh closer than a brother. (18:24)
7) If thine enemy be hungry, __________ him bread to eat. (25:21)
8) Before honour is __________. (18:12)
9) __________ sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. (27:17)
10) Open thy mouth, __________ righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy. (31:9)
11) Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before __________. (22:29)
12) A friend __________ at all times. (17:17)
13) A merry heart doeth good like a __________. (17:22)
14) A good __________ is rather to be chosen than great riches. (22:1)
15) Despise not thy mother when she is __________. (23:22)
16) A man’s __________ shall bring him low. (29:23)
17) Better is a dry morsel, and __________ therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife. (17:1)
18) He that trusteth in his __________ shall fall. (11:28)
19) He that uttereth a __________ is a fool. (10:18)
20) Death and life are in the power of the __________. (18:21)
21) He that is slow to wrath is of great __________. (14:29)
22) As a dog returneth to his __________, so a fool returneth to his folly. (26:11)
23) He also that is slothful in his __________ is brother to him that is a great waster. (18:9)
24) Righteousness __________ a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. (14:34)
25) The glory of __________ men is their strength. (20:29)
26) Love not __________ [Zzzzzzz] lest thou come to poverty. (20:13)
Dearest Father, Thank you for the great advice I can discover in Solomon’s Proverbs. Help me to understand and correctly apply each of these wise sayings. I’m so excited — because I know that these proverbs actually teach me about YOUR wisdom and YOUR way of thinking. How awesome! Amen.
Enjoy God forever,
Susan Case Bonner
February 10, 2018
This blog is one of my free companion activities for the Bible study and prayer guide called Weave Your Word in Me. It is a great way for tweens to study what God’s will is for them.
Click on the cover for more info.