Create a Worship Hand Painting —
One way to make sure you understand something is to say the same thing using different words. That is what Hillsong did in the worship song “Lord I Give You My Heart” — they restated the greatest commandment from Mark 12:30 using words of worship spoken directly to God.
This is how you do it:
- Tape a large, blank piece of paper to the wall just above your head.
- Put on a paint shirt to cover your sleeves and front.
- Dip all or part of your hands into finger paint. (Don’t get so much paint on them that it drips. You can always redip them.)
- As you listen to the music, slowly move your hands across the paper in movements of praise to God.
- If you finish before the end of the song, complete your praise by continuing to sing, perhaps waving your hands above your head in adoration to God.
- Say “Amen” and then clean your hands when the music has ended.
Lord I give You my heart — I give You my soul. I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord, have Your way in me. Amen.