Pray While Weaving the Eye of God —
The Eye of God (Ojo de Dios in Spanish) is an ancient religious symbol created in the Americas as a reminder of an all-knowing Higher Being. It is woven by hand using wood and yarn. This type of religious artwork was created for times of celebration and was considered a blessing by those who received them.
Traditionally, the Eye of God was woven while doing one of the following:
1) silent prayer or meditation
2) group instruction in wisdom
Watch the following video to see how to make your own Eye of God.
Dearest Father, Thank you that you are the all-knowing God who created me to live in harmony with you and your world. May I always sense your loving presence and faithfully live in obedience to your will. Amen.
Organize your own Group Instruction in Wisdom by doing the following:
1) Each person chooses a favorite passage from the book of Proverbs.
2) Each person gathers their own materials for making an Eye of God.
3) The group members read their selected Proverbs passages in turn as the others individually weave an Eye of God.